- Usually the first and third Thursdays of the month. Please view our meeting schedule for specific dates and deadlines for submittals.
- Steven Ventresca, Chairman
- Diane C. Stewart, 1st Vice Chairman
- Richard Oakley, 2nd Vice Chairman
- Peter Gately
- Adam Guaraldi
- Jacqueline Jones
- John Medeiros
The Commission has one opening. Interested parties are asked to attend a meeting. Please call the office for more information at 508-946-2406.
The Conservation Commission is charged with the responsibility of protecting wetland resource areas under the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act , M.G.L. CH. 131, s.40 and regulations 310 CMR 10.00. The Commission protects eight functions of all wetland resource areas, which are the following:
- Flood Control
- Prevention of Pollution
- Protection of Fisheries
- Protection of Ground Water Supply
- Protection of Land Containing Shellfish
- Protection of Public and Private Water Supply
- Protection of Wildlife Habitat
- Storm Damage Prevention
Dredging, altering and filling wetlands are regulated by this law. “Wetlands” are not just cattail marshes. They include intermittent streams, riverfront and other areas that may be dry for extended periods of the year. Wetlands can be determined by a wetland scientist or botanist and are delineated through looking at three parameters: soils, vegetation and evidence of hydrology.
Protection & Preservation
The Conservation Commission also is charged with the protection and preservation of land. If you are interested in protecting your land please call us at 508-946-2406.
- Pratt Farm located at:
10 East Main Street
Middleborough, MA 02346
- Stuart Morgan Property on the corner of Long Point Road and Marion Road
If you would like your group to use one of these properties please contact the Conservation Commission at 508-946-2406 to get a group use form (PDF).