Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
MIDDLEBOROUGH SUMMER WATER MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
Mandatory Water Restriction
Effective May 1, 2022 through September 30, 2022 the Middleborough Summer Water Management Program restricts all nonessential outdoor water use for all water users. The Summer Water Management Program allows for odd-numbered properties to water outside on odd days and even-numbered properties to water outside on even days.
Water use subject to the above restriction include:
- Irrigation of lawns and landscaping via sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems;
- Washing of vehicles, except in a commercial car wash or as necessary for operator safety;
- Washing of exterior building surfaces, parking lots, driveways or sidewalk, except as necessary to apply surface treatments such as paint, preservatives, stucco, pavement or cement.
Water use allowed include:
- Irrigation to establish a new lawn and new plantings during the months of May and September;
- Irrigation of public parks and recreational fields by means of automatic sprinklers outside the hours of 9 am to 5 pm;
- Watering of lawns, gardens, flowers and ornamental plants by means of a hand-held hose outside of the hours of 9 am to 5 pm
Uses NOT subject to any restrictions:
- Those for health or safety reasons;
- By regulation;
- For the production of food or fiber;
- For the maintenance of livestock;
- To meet the core function of a business (for example, irrigation by plant nurseries to maintain stock)
Any person violating these water restrictions shall be liable to a fine of $50.00 for a first offense and $100.00 for each subsequent offense. This program is in accordance with the Middleborough Board of Selectmen Water Use Restriction By-Law. Any changes to this may be found on the Town web site at www.middleboroughma.gov